The City of Davis Arts & Cultural Affairs Program supports community-based arts projects, cultural opportunities, and education initiatives that foster excellence, diversity, and vitality in the arts. The program builds community partnerships, explores best practices, manages the public art collection, and supports Civic Arts Commission activity and initiatives, including:
· Managing programs for the cultural enrichment of the city.
· Supporting artists & organizations in the cultural arts community.
· Encouraging private initiative in arts & culture.
· Increasing public understanding, appreciation & enjoyment of cultural activities & all arts disciplines.
· Managing guidelines for the acquisition & care of all City-owned Public Art.
· Administering the Poet Laureate program.
· Promoting Arts Education efforts with Davis Joint Unified School District as well as local stakeholders.
· Building community partnerships and providing leadership in the local arts community.
· Promoting collaboration and partnerships with UC Davis students and faculty.
· Partnering with Community Development efforts to integrate Art in long-term civic growth.
The Arts & Cultural Affairs Program is the clearinghouse for all creative activity in the City of Davis government, and serves the entire Davis community, including the thousands of national and international visitors our City hosts each year.